Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap not working!

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I am trying to wrap some text around an object in illustrator and for some reason when I create a text wrap it shows up with the guidelines for the text wrap but there is no effect at all on the type. 

I've done a video below, I've tried with the text above the object, other way around, on the same layer and on a different one. I've opened a new file to see if I can just do it with a basic object and new text. Same thing each time!! 

Stressing as this is for some coursework!

Thanks

Nic

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Image must be above the text in the same layer for it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image must be above the text in the same layer for it to work. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Even when the image is above the text layer, still it shows some grid lines but the wraping is not happening. Invert wrap is also off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.15.23 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.15.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please upload a demo AI file to Dropbox or the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and the image is above the text in the same layer and still doesn't work. When is this going to get fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show your layout and the layers panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached a screenshot of my layers panel (the image and text in quesetion are circle in yellow) as well as the image and text in reference on my artboard.

Thank you in advance for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is inside a group. What else is in there?

Is it an area text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try ungrouping the group containing the image. - then apply text warp to the image only. 

Applying wrap to a group seems to apply it to only one element of the group, and the text below will warp only to that element, and if you try applying wrap to just one element of a group, it will not create wrap for any text outside of that group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Text is under the shape and it isn't grouped into anything else. When I select the text and the shape, I then go to Object > Text Wrap > Make. Nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice screenshot of your layers panel with the objects visible inside of it and nice ans crsip and no other fluff would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have some similar trouble, doesn't work good.My Illustratos make the wrap but just separate the over and down the object like show in the screenshoot!, More over inside the object appear some lines like if will be text?

Can someone help me please?

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 12.51.54.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your text wrap set to invert. Select the object, Go to the Object dropdown menu > text wrap > text wrap options and uncheck invert.

2024-02-15_11-29-25.png

2024-02-15_11-27-19.png

  

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEEESSS, I got it late. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines