• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the brush draws in black and always

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a problem, my calligraphic brush and art brush draws in black only ! Brush options not help - if method "none" - the brush draws in black only

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Check if the original brush shape is really black, no dark grey. When original is totally black (0,0,0) the stroke color in Tint mode replaces it exactly.

stroketint001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check your file type here Was it showing RGB color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!I have RGB. The problem is here: method "none" draws in black. Other methods, for example "Tints" draws in shade, but i need at "stroke" color for art brushes. Calligraphic brushes it's ok.08.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set it to "Tints" and you're good.

Then set the stroke color to what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it - Tints are more suitable, but it is not ideal solution, because tints are more light. Look at the picture!Image 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if the original brush shape is really black, no dark grey. When original is totally black (0,0,0) the stroke color in Tint mode replaces it exactly.

stroketint001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this supposed to work for every brush? Creating a new brush from one of the charcoal brushes doesn't change the default stroke color in Tint mode:
Captura de tela 2022-11-16 091916.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us step by step what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I'm creating a brush from a preexising one (e.g. charcoal) and changing its color to black. Then, I'm applying it to that shape with the stroke color set to the same value as the fill's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems fine here.

DougARoberts_0-1668607657588.png

Are you sure you're changing the brush correctly? You need to drag the brush out of the palette onto the artboard, then edit the fill of the brush elements, then drag it back to the document brush palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's awesome! I never really learned how to do that properly. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When setting the color as black, you can use the registration swatch in this case. It must be really pitch dark black. RGB 000 in RGB files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recommand the Registration swatch, the brush strokes will separate as 100% of all colorants/inks.

I would use 100% Grayscale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case the brush is set to Tints. So the brush stroke will follow the stroke color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes set to tints it will work, but it is tricky if any other colorization method is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines