Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The drop-down menu is stuck at the bottom left corner of the screen

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone!

After opening a file that I received from another design office, some setting was changed and now every time I press the right mouse button, the action drop-down menu is relocated to the bottom left of the screen. 

Could someone help me restore the setting where the menu appears where the mouse pointer is? Thank you all.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Hi matheusmicheli!
I was struggling with this problem for two months. I use three monitors. What helped was simply disconnecting and reconnecting the two secondary monitors while illustrator is on.
This should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi matheusmicheli,

have you tried to reset your Adobe Illustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, gianvitulano!
I've tried but unfortunately I didn't have success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update the Illustrator to the latest version 2022 (v26.0.1) and let us know if it helps resolve this issue.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Anshul_Saini!

I have the latest version and I've tried to uninstall and install it again... Not well successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I even tried reinstalling the software but it didn't work.

Any solution for this problem? It is quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset prefs.

If that fails, uninstall, run cleaner tool, re-install.

I still think this should be the first thing people see when they land on the Abode Community forum, in big RED letters...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @Met1, like resetting preferences or uninstalling using the CC cleaner tool and then reinstalling the app with the Creative Cloud Desktop app, help or not? If it doesn't, then please share a few more details like:

• Confirm the exact macOS & version of Illustrator
  • Screenshot of "About This Mac." (both Overview and Displays tab)
  • Are you using an external monitor(s)? If yes, with which port and cable combination it is connected. Does disconnecting an external monitor help resolve the issue?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi matheusmicheli!
I was struggling with this problem for two months. I use three monitors. What helped was simply disconnecting and reconnecting the two secondary monitors while illustrator is on.
This should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines