• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file damaged and could not to repaired (illustrator)- Please help me to fix it

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, i have a file in Abode illustrator. This file suddenly can't open. Software notied The file damaged and could not to repaired. Someone please help me to fix it .

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

With your corrupt file, maybe @Anshul_Saini can help.

As for your future files:

1. if this happens regularly, fix the source of the crashes.

2. In case you save files to a network, this is potentially dangerous for your files. For some people it works, for others not so much.

3. Turn off "Save in Background" in the preferences

4. Make backups. Save early, save often, save different versions of your files on different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

I had an Illustrator file saved on the Cloud that I could not open in Illustrator. This is what I did to fix it.

I went to Creative Cloud, my Files and downloaded the AI file to my computer. Then opened the file in Acrobat Reader and saved the file as a pdf. Then I was able to open the pdf file in Illustrator and was good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is no solution for this...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your corrupt file, maybe @Anshul_Saini can help.

As for your future files:

1. if this happens regularly, fix the source of the crashes.

2. In case you save files to a network, this is potentially dangerous for your files. For some people it works, for others not so much.

3. Turn off "Save in Background" in the preferences

4. Make backups. Save early, save often, save different versions of your files on different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika. I'll contact Anshul. Hopefully it is still fixable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had an Illustrator file saved on the Cloud that I could not open in Illustrator. This is what I did to fix it.

I went to Creative Cloud, my Files and downloaded the AI file to my computer. Then opened the file in Acrobat Reader and saved the file as a pdf. Then I was able to open the pdf file in Illustrator and was good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines