• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The shape builder tool is creating jagged edges. Can't figure out why.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Adobe Illustrator CC version 25.2.1. I have not used Illustrator in about a month for anything other than basic shapes. Today, I am trying to vectorize a logo, but the shape builder is creating jagged edges.

It looks normal until I actually apply the shape builder (image 01). After I apply the Shape builder, there are random paths going off the page. When I zoom out, I cannot see what these paths go towards (image 02). Additionally, the rest of the shape's edges become jagged. I attached two images to share what I am seeing on my screen.

I've tried uninstalling a reinstalling Illustrator. I've also tried selecting the shape to turn off any automatic alignment settings. I am not having any luck with trouble-shooting this on my own. Does anybody have any other ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if View > Preview on CPU solves it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines