Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The shrinking and disappearing text on a path handles

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I've been trying to understand why the handles to reposition text on a path either disappear or shrink incredibly small (to the point that I have to zoom in close to see what I need to see) after the initial repositioning. Nothing I've done so far brings the handles back or resizes them. I have to close out Illustrator completely and reopen in order to see the starting and endingpoint handles. I've tried reseting preferences, changing the size of the anchor points etc. all to no avail. I could definitely use a little help. 

TIA!

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a similar post recently where updating Illustrator or a preferences reset appears to have helped:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Myra, however, as I said I did the preferences reset and that didn't help, unfortunately. It just went back to what it was after adjusting once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me chime in and say that I've been experiencing this for a while, through several revisions and updates. I'm now running Mac os 12.4 and AI 26.3.1. Type on Path handles appear normally, at first, but disappear after the first edit! Sometimes they appear super small, even though I haven't changed their specs in prefs ever, but mostly they are just #%$& gone.

I've updated. I've reset prefs. But this behavior persists even after the reset. Handles disappear after the first edit. I can't accomplish my goals. What the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around, I can cut and paste in place to get another shot at the single appearance handles but, Adobe, please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cljfford,

We are sorry about the trouble. I am unable to replicate this behavior on my end. A couple of months ago, it did happen a couple of times but went away after updating the app and resetting preferences. Would it be possible for you to check this behavior in a new admin user account on macOS and share your observation with us? Also, if possible, please share a small recording demonstrating it, and I will forward it to the product team. to check it.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I will try to replicate and send in a recording, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be looking forward to the recording. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @cljfford,

I hope you are doing well. We just released an update yesterday. Would you mind updating and checking if you are still seeing the behaviour or not?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines