Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This file has been modified outside of Illustrator 2022

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I am having this message pop up repeatedly and at the same time Illustrator is not deleting temp files it create, so I am also left with a ton of temp files showing on the server.

I have disabled all autosave settings, made no difference, also tried turning off the option for Slow Networks, again no difference. 

We use acronis to access a windows server so use AFP. I do know if i use SMB to connect I do not get the problem. But then I cannot use spotlight to search for files.

Is anyone else having these issues with tons of temp files for each Illustrator file, is there a fix or workaround?

I am using latest verion of illustrator 2022 and OS is Apple Monteray latest version.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

This is an issue with Mac OS, Acronis and Windows servers. We have the same issue.

With each upgrade Mac OS makes it worse with the security settings.

Adobe's official position is to not work directly off a network share.

Work locally then drag over.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with Mac OS, Acronis and Windows servers. We have the same issue.

With each upgrade Mac OS makes it worse with the security settings.

Adobe's official position is to not work directly off a network share.

Work locally then drag over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, work locally and then copy over not really a solution, more or a very awkward work around 😞
Dealing with huge volumes of files each day this would really slow it down.

Does anyone know of any way to use SMB connection (Problem does not happen then) but search over AFP so Spotlight is still used keeping the spped up for file searches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always asked IT to go back to Acronis for troubleshooting. Switching between AFP and SMB isn't tennable. We ended up implementing a DAM solution for our Mac Creative dept, storing all our files through that so we avoid the Windows server issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my best guess...I'm having the same issue and based off the other responses:

It happens when you are working off a remote server, either GoogleDrive, BoxDrive, OneDrive, etc.

These drives manifest as synched folders on our desktop, even if we appear to be working directly off the drive. As synching happens almost continuously now, and files get 'marked' by the particular remote drive as updated and that very minor update to the file is what triggers this.

It's as if you and a colleague were sharing a file through Creative cloud. The trigger is meant to warn you. Instead in the majority of cases it's an ongoing annoyance.
You can test this by saving to your desktop and then continually saving the file no longer triggers that warning. I'm not offering that as a solution, just as an explanation.

What you need to know is that it is a SAFETY feature built into Illustrator so you and colleagues don't overwrite each others work, but the nature of remote drives triggers the feature as well. 
Personally, i'll take the added annoyance of cliking OK, in order to maintain that file security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this detailed reply. It really helped me understand the "why", which decreases the annoyance levels significantly, lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines