• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiny tabs and buttons on old version of Ilustrator

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I don't use Illustrator much and have downloaded an old version Illustrator CS6 version 16.0.3 (32 bit) onto my new Dell XPS 15 (9500).

It seems to work fine, but all the tabs, buttons, etc. are tiny. Can I reset the display so that everything is a normal size?

Thanks, Colin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When running old software make sure your OS is also from that time period, or else you will have issues. Teh larger the gap, the larger the issues.

Illustrator system requirements | earlier releases

You would not put old leaded gas into an automobile the use unleaded gas, the same goes for OS & software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions have a UI scalng, and you in CS6 nto having thea compensation is likely your issue.

https://astutegraphics.com/support/tutorials-and-troubleshooting/ui-panel-scaling-issue-in-illustrat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, UI scaling info helped me find a work around. Good point about old software, etc. but only use Illustrator every 18 months, so not really worth subscribing.

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to be able to keep running CS6, make sure you're always prepared to roll back your OS in case a Windows update breaks it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines