• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Performance Issues

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Ai [for Windows 10]. I've been experiencing tool performance issues that make creating difficult. I need to know all that could effect performance and how to resolve the issue.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to include an example. When using the shape tool, I'm unable to click-n-drag and upon clicking the dialog box appears prompting me to input the dimensions. I had attempted to create the basic shape [a rectangler guide] of a mini trellis design with the goal of scaling it up to the actual dimensions. Then I'd recreate the sketch in vector from on a seperate layer within the retangle. Basically; I'm unable to click-n-drag a shape into being. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us the hardware specifications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you. RAM should be sufficient.

Does it work better when you turn off the GPU acceleration in the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a computer wiz. how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > GPU acceleration. There you can turn off a checkmark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Read my reply to Anubhav]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Joshua28258616aim1,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues in Illustrator. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try the tips shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance.html) and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that was suggested and it worked [temporalily]. In less than 24 hours the issues returned. Both my desktop and my laptop are experiencing the same issues. I now believe my outdated tech is the issue. Both computers are unable to receive the Windows 11 update [drivers included].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines