• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Library from old version Illustrator to CC

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Illustrator CC and can't seem to figure out why I can't import my brush and fill libraries from an old Illustrator version to Illustrator CC. Even when I open the document directly from the folder it doesn't show up , same if I import a library from the folder it doesn't come up. I read that this may be impossible, hoping it's not the case since I spent years working on my brushes, fills etc. Help!

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you still have all the libraries, right? The files are all there?

From where do you want to load them? Usually they are in the Presets folder inside the Application folder. And your individual ones are in the Application support in your User folder. 

You can load them from anywhere though. Can you please describe what exactly does not work? You load them via the brishes/swatches panel an then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I go to libraries in CC and go to import library and try to retrieve them from my external hard drive. I also went directly to the file to see if it can open in CC and there wasn't anything there. I asked a friend to see if she can import it on an old version of Illustrator, and she can. It's still there. I think I must be doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Libraries' are (confusingly) not the same as Illustrator's native swatch/brush/style/symbol libraries, but a CC-wide feature for asset sharing.

To load your old (Illustrator) libraries, open up (for example) the brush panel and go to Open Brush Library > Other Library in its menu.

For libraries to appear under the 'User defined' menu (and persist between versions if you use the 'Import settings' feature when updating from the CC app), store your libraries in their respective folders (symbol/brush etc) in your user settings folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @pg1717171717,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika and Doug helped resolve the problem. Feel free to update this thread if you have additional questions or need further help with the migration.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines