• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transferring a transparent background from photoshop to illustrator

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am transferring a transparent background from photoshop to illustrator but everytime I transfermit to illsutrator a white box shows up on my product. I want it to be transparent so it matches with the blue background.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

That is, you transfer it by dragging and dropping it into Illustrator?

That usually works well on the Macintosh, but it used to not work with the Windows versions of PS and AI. The common workaround is to save as .psd in PS and place the .psd in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transferring means?

Copy-paste? Just don't do it (for several reasons). Save the file and then place it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is, you transfer it by dragging and dropping it into Illustrator?

That usually works well on the Macintosh, but it used to not work with the Windows versions of PS and AI. The common workaround is to save as .psd in PS and place the .psd in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you fixed my issue! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh you left out important information, and we have to guess at what you are doing. Not sure what you mean by transferring, what command are you using?

If you are :

Placing a using file >> place Illustrator to place a bitmapped file

Save the file to a format like .psd that supports transparency. Show us a screenshot of your photoshop layers and your image so we can see ensure you have a checkerboard pattern showing transparency and layer construction. Do you have spot color channels?

Object >> Image Trace on an embedded image.

Ensure Ignore White is checked

MikeGondek_0-1679425731604.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

here are my screen shots. When I try to drage it onto my ai file it would create a white box around it. Thanks

Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines