• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Each for pattern fills

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of objects with pattern fills and need to rotate the fills randomly without rotating the objects. Transform Each doesn't seem to provide for this. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Ah, CS3 explains it (and I don't want to reveal how much older than 10 years I am).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me in 26.1. Are the objects ungrouped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything is ungrouped but my old version of Illie doesn't give an option for locking the objects' position. Of course I can do each object manually, but I expected Transform Each to do it quickly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to lock an objects position, just uncheck Transform Objects.

transform each.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Transform Each dialogue doesn't look like this. Even though I uncheck Transform Objects in the Transform panel, it somehow always turns itself on again when I go to Transform Each. Reckon I'll just have to do it manually. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you have? Are you sure you are not using the Transform Effect instead of Object > Transform > Transform Each...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a screendump of CS5 Transform Each... that is indeed limited, and more than 10 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on CS3 and am also more than 10 years old! However I own my own software and refuse to take part in Adobe's rip-off rental plot. But I think it strange that even though I check Transform Pattern Only in the Transform Panel, it doesn't work for Transform Each. Glitch maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, CS3 explains it (and I don't want to reveal how much older than 10 years I am).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it myself and Transform Each is working for me, see the screenshot - it might not be as random as you need doing them all at once. Maybe try few at a time, with different rotation settings? It definitely didn't work for me as an Appearance panel effect, I did it using the menu Object > Transform > Transform each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines