Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Values are Way Off than Artboard Size

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a frustrating problem that makes locating or changing the location of objects very difficult for me. I create my artworks in A3 size and change the size of the artwork later if necessary. For example the image below shows that artboard size is 12x18 inches, and the selected object is centered to artboard. If you look at X and Y values you will see weird numbers even though they should be X=6 in and Y=9. I don't know what triggers that and I don't know how to solve this. This is an issue I experience with most of my files. Is there a way to somehow reset location values to what they should have been?

There are no visible or hidden guides, or any other objects in the file.

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 15.21.20.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Or double click the intersection of the rulers (upper left) to reset the 0/0 point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are global measurements (i.e. the entire canvas). Go to View > Rulers > Change to Artboard Rulers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this changed things but still not the thing I asked. When I make the changes you suggested Artboard center becomes X=0 and Y=0 even though it should be X= (artboard width/2) and Y= (artboard height/2). Am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the artboard reference point in the artboard options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or double click the intersection of the rulers (upper left) to reset the 0/0 point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton! Dragging and dropping the intersection of the rulers to top left of the artboard reset the 0/0 point as I asked.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines