Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent background, but White Background shows up after save as

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

I've found that there's a weird addition of a white background to my eps file, even though its not there when I'm editing.

Thanks so much!

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 11.44.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-02 at 11.45.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anny additional appearance stuff on the text or background? Are you cahnging the DPI settings somewhere after the fact so that it may lead to AI miscalculating dimensions? Also drill into the actual layer structure to see if any stray paths or anchor points are there that may cause the extra bounding box. Those would be the first things to check. Additionally, of course export to an alternate format and see if it behaves the same.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check 'Use Artboards' in the file browser window on save?

Could be the bounding box of the text object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Thanks for the help! However, I checked off 'Use Artboards' and there's still a little border.

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.01.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the size of your artboard contains fractional pixels, if so, you can try this:

Show the ruler and right click on it to set the units to pixels.

Double click the intersection of the rulers to set the 0/0 point to the upper left corner of the Artboard.

Double click the Artboard tool and remove the fractional bit from the Width and height values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is typically what happens in an EPS when transparency is involved. Please show us the effects you applied anywhere in this artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Does this help? I exported into the file into photoshop and that border that appears after saving form illustrator comes up as transparent... i just still don't know how to get rid of the white band or how that band even got there in the first place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That object is inside a named layer or group. I don't think Illustrator created it on its own.

Please check the source file.

Also: are you really sure that you need an EPS? It's last century's file format and causes issues in a lot of workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something is going on as even when I select save as transparent background, this is still what i get with my other files as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines