• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Aligning Text in Text Box

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working on a project that includes guest names and corresponding table number, I am having trouble aligning my text within the boxes, I am using the "space" character to align the numbers before moving to the next line and noticed that some of these numbers from the line above (or below) are not properly aligned, although all text fit within the box. For example the two guests at table 7, I have aligned the #7 for L. Holmes to the furthest it will go within the box using the "space" key and yet still doesn't align with R. Holmes below it. I highlighted the text and I see there is some spacing there following some of the numbers, but there is no room within "the box" to adjust without creating a new line. How do I fix this? I have included a screenshot.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

highlight the text

press CMD SHIFT T for mac CTRL SHIFT T for windows, tab control will appear up to text so you can try the ruller. Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 10.31.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

To expand on what Manal said:

tromboniator_1-1643584755613.png

Set the Right-Justified tab where you want the numbers to align on the right. Type a name, press the tab key, type the number. Press return, and continue.

Peter

Hi, Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

highlight the text

press CMD SHIFT T for mac CTRL SHIFT T for windows, tab control will appear up to text so you can try the ruller. Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 10.31.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruby,

How about your just using the space as far as it goes in the individual lines, and then selecting all lines and applying Justify All Lines in the Paragraph panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on what Manal said:

tromboniator_1-1643584755613.png

Set the Right-Justified tab where you want the numbers to align on the right. Type a name, press the tab key, type the number. Press return, and continue.

Peter

Hi, Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter, excellent explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines