• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble opening, editing and saving Illustrator files on M1 MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to a MacBook Pro with M1 chip for the office and I am having major issues trying to open, edit, and save any illustrator files. The computer is unresponsive and keeps freezing. O

ur IT has been trying to figure out what is going on. I have read so many conflicting issues online re: compatability. We are so frustrated we are looking at doing away with Mac and switching to a Windows. Any help with the M1 issue or suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you upgraded to the latest Adobe Illustrator version that is built for M1 Macs?

If installed properly, you shoudn't have major issues to the extent that you are describing.

After installation go to Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy and add Illustrator to the Full Disk Access list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jordan1221,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to please share a few details along with one asked by @kevin stohlmeyer:

• Please confirm the exact version of macOS & Ai
  • Are you connected to an office internet or personal?
  • Where are the files stored (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • Are you facing issues with some specific files or all? Are these old or new?
  • Are you using TimeMachine, any antivirus, plugin, extensions, or backup software?

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if this will work for you or not, but I have had luck with turning on the Optimize File Open and Save Time for Slow Networks option in the File Handling preferances in Illustrator. I was going crazy trying to figure out why AI kept crashing or booting my off our Synology NAS almost everytime I tried to save a file or export to images. In the past this preference was detrimental to our workflow and seemed to corrupt files, but now with AI 26.2.1 and on a MBP M1 pro running MacOS 12.3.1 it actually helping. Can't speak to everyone else on an iMac with Intel chips though, doesn't seem to be affecting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines