Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with clipping mask

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20230208_222159.jpg

 I designed this for my laser cutter. All of the red line work extends beyond the square outline and there are even full lines outside of the square which you cannot see unless you hover the cursor over them. I would like to get rid of everything outside of the square but I can't figure out how. Another issue is that even though the lines become visible when hovered over, it won't let me select them. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Instead of using a clipping mask, use that shape to "Trim" the paths in the Pathfinder panel.

So, Release your clipping path. Copy* and paste a it in front of your lines (make sure it's the foremost object). Select All. Select "Trim" in Pathfinder. Select the paths you want to keep and delete all the extra bits you don't need afterwards.

(*it's good to save a copy of the path if you want it for something later as the Trim will cut it into pieces)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using a clipping mask, use that shape to "Trim" the paths in the Pathfinder panel.

So, Release your clipping path. Copy* and paste a it in front of your lines (make sure it's the foremost object). Select All. Select "Trim" in Pathfinder. Select the paths you want to keep and delete all the extra bits you don't need afterwards.

(*it's good to save a copy of the path if you want it for something later as the Trim will cut it into pieces)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines