Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting on Illustrator using the shape builder tool and pen tool

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a college student taking Adobe Illustrator. I am working on an assignment that involves tracing and creating an artwork. To be specific, I am drwaing a boat using the pen tool and shape builders tool. I drew a sail using the pen tool that consisted of different paths. I joined these paths to form closed shapes using the shape builder tool. And although the shape builder tool would successful join the paths to create the shapes, it would not fill them with my active fill color. Also, I needed to draw and fill the boat's mast using the pen tool. So, following the instructions I was given, I clicked on the tool bar and on the control panel on top (I was working on the essentials classic workspace) I selected a dark brown fill and no stroke. Once I went to my artwork to draw the mask, the pen tool would successful place anchor points but would not fill my paths with the active color. What can I do to fix this troublshoot? I have already edited my illustrator prefrences to the default and have even unistalled illustrator completely and installed it again. However, none of this has solved the problem. Attached is an example of what I am working on. Please help!

- Addie

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi just use a pen tool to make shape the inner lining used for stroke only...regards

or

this video can help you more..regards

https://youtu.be/j69a3-shkGE

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you cannot fill the paths, they are probably not closed shapes.

You can try Live Paint to fill the shapes.

More info here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines