Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to divide a shape into equal parts along a path

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am struggling with trying to divide a shape into equal parts. I want to make a tshirt shape path which I managed to do, and I want to divide it into equal sections so that I can color each one with a different color. Whenever I try to use the Split into Grid action, it turns into a rectangle.

How can I divide the shape along the tshirt path?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Draw the paths you want to use to divide the object and use the Shape Builder tool (Shift + M) to make the new objects. Or draw the paths and with one selected, use Object>Path>Divide Objects Below.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw the paths you want to use to divide the object and use the Shape Builder tool (Shift + M) to make the new objects. Or draw the paths and with one selected, use Object>Path>Divide Objects Below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. I just tried it and it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the blend tool at times to make equal division and expand and use the divide command!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines