• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to drag items normally SOMETIMES acts as if I'm holding the option key

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried searching for this here as well as tried googling it, but I can't find an answer...

Sometimes when I have objects selected in Illustrator and try to move them, the green + sign shows up next to the cursor, and when I let go the items either jump back to where they were or move somewhere totally random.

I don't have a sticky option key and I'm not accidently holding it down. I've never had this problem before.

I'm using Illustrator v 26.1 on a 2021 retina iMac.

If anyone else has this problem and figured out what the problem was, please tell me!

It only happens occasionally, and it I deselect then try again it'll work...but it's extremely annoying.

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi @carolynATduff @Reiby,

I am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my iMac is Retina 5K, 27in, 2020
macOS Monterey 12.2.1

If you need anymore info please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW since yesterday the same thing happens to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been several issues popping up with the Monterey update to 12.3 and this sounds like it is one of them, but since you are not using that particular Monterey version, I'm not sure.

What kind of mouse are you using? Apple Magic Mouse?

Also: some other apps are messing with modifier keys. To rule that out: reboot the computer, launch only Illustrator (not even a browser or other "simple" stuff) and try again.

You could also try and reset the Illustrator preferences. This will erase all your settings. So you might want to rename the preferences folder (Illustrator needs to be hut down for that) https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been reported extensively by users, this issue is not exclusive to Monterey 12.3 and it is definitely caused by the latest 26.1 Illustrator update.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44914921-v26-1-...

NOTE: If you opt to downgrade to a previous version, it's worth doing some research to ensure you won't lose your saved preferences. Personally I'm too worried that downgrading will wipe out prefs so I'm just toughing it out until the official update fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @carolynATduff @Reiby @udderball,

We are sorry for the trouble. This is a known issue. The product team is working hard on this, and the fix will be released with the next update.
The + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator only happens with the Apple Magic mouse.

I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not done already, and please be patient & stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may downgrade to Illustrator v26.0.3 until the fixed gets released. (This helped some users.)

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @carolynATduff @Reiby,

I am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know! I updated as soon as the update came out! Lol. If the problem persists I'll let you know. Thank you so much and thank you to everyone that worked to fix the update! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am now having the exact same issue as original post after updating to Monterey 12.5, illustrator ver 26.4. Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @EdgeCreative,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. I hope the issue is resolved for you with the v26.5 update. If not, would you mind resetting Illustrator preferences and checking whether that helps or not?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines