• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to edit text in AI -- Text is Vectorized and Converted to Strokes - No Experience Help

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have an AI file that I am trying to edit the text of (change names and adjust numbers).  I have no experience with AI, so I am struggling on how to edit the text.  I am unable to reach the original creator who posted the file for free use, but he did include some notes with the download. 

He stated that all assets are Vectorized for any size print and all text has been converted to stroke ready for print.  He states that the text and numbers can be modified.  I am used to basic software where you can just click and edit.  I assume his comment about vectorized and conversion to strokes is the issue I am having as I am not familiar with Illustrator venacular.  Can someone point me in the right direction on how to edit text or numbers that are vecrotized or converted to strokes?  I also think they may be grouped also.  Is there a way to reverse it, edit it, then change it back again?  I am clueless.  Thanks.

TOPICS
How-to , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there styling applied to the text?

If it's just text, try Type > Retype. It will try its best to recognize the font and then convert back word by word.

If there is also styling applied, then you can check whether there is also a graphic style that you can use on a new text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines