• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turnitin cannot scan my pdf. How to export Adobe PDF from Acrobat of an Illustator file?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a college student. Currently I submitted an Adobe PDF (exported from Adobe Illustrator 2022) and Turnitin (a popular app to check plagiarism) cannot scan the text on my assignment. When I read the requirements, Turnitin said they only accept Adobe PDF from Acrobat. 

This is when I turn on Text-only mode on Turnitin.

Untitled.png

Then how can I export my Illustrator file as an Acrobat file? Or is there any possible way for me to convert the file to a scannable file for Turnitin?

😞 Please help me, my assignment due date is gonna be so soon. Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste it to Word. Remake it. (Why use AI for an assignment). Save PDF from Word. 

TIP:nobody, NOBODY, makes documents in Acrobat. It has a simple editor for fixing typos. Don't go that way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used AI because my assignment require drawing a map. I also need to put justification in words on that too. That's why I have to use AI 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably need to discuss that issue with your teacher or professor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the default save dialog in AI, then just open the file in Acrobat and save it as a PDF from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it needs some specific PDF version.

You could try saving it as an X-1, which is kind of a lowest-common-denominator setting for print PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gotten the solution I faced the same problem? 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there text in your file or did you outline all the text?

Nobody writes an assignment in Illustrator. You just do not do that. If your assignment contains drawings, then you draw those things in Illustrator and write the text in Word and do the layout in InDesign. Or write the thing in InDesign while doing the layout. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines