• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two strokes with the same stroke width (1 pt) show up as different sizes.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 shapes in my Illustrator file that both have the same stroke width (1 pt), but they are appearing as completely different stroke widths.

I started a new illustration and needed to start by copying & pasting an element from a different illustration to the new one. I had to scale the pasted graphic down to fit the artboard, so I selected "scale strokes & effects," which worked fine. But now, as I add new elements to the illustration and try to match the strokes and effects of the pasted element, the stroke width is completely messed up. 

1pt stroke on the pasted element looks fine. 1pt stroke on the new elements (even when using the eyedropper) are about 4x as thick. What is going on, and how to do I make the stroke widths match?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the zoom percentage the same in both documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, did you ever find a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THere are a number of reasons this could happen. Are you using an artbrush for hte thicker stroke? Is there more than one stroke applied to the path when you look in the Appearance panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Try to set the stroke of both objects as None and then set it 1 pt again.

2. Check the stroke properties: it might have the brush applied (Art brush or Calligraphic brush), or the Width profile. They can set their own dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems that different brush difination, check the stroke brush type.. am sure they are different.

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.02.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I missed the brush. It was set to uniform, but changing the brush was the fix. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Your comment is constructive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines