• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ugly Script Buttons AI Version 26.4.1

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to change the buttons within scripts back to the rounded clean aesthetic of previous AI versions? In this version of Illustrator the buttons that you add to scripts default to this hideous rectangular abomination..

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TyFusion 

You are correct, buttons in new version of Illustartor does not have same rounded borders as earlier.

As far as I know, I don't think we can styles these buttons.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any ideas as to why Adobe would implement this change? Is this change in preparation for the transition to UXP Plugins? I am just very curious as to why they would change the buttons on scripts to not match any of the Application UI elements...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScriptUI window elements have always had a different appearance in different applications and in different versions of the same application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the unknown reasons for this change, this is and always has been a matter of taste.

I, for one, have always preferred no-nonsense and no-boiled-sweet-like rectangular buttons with no rounded corners at all.

Well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, my judgement of rectangular buttons was a bit harsh. Definitely a matter of preference. I reckon the thing that bothers me more than them changing the buttons to be rectangular is that they don't match actual Illustrator GUI windows as they still have rounded buttons. If they made all the buttons on every GUI window rectangular and everything was matching I feel like I would be less bothered by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be rectangular buttons in both Illustrator and ESTK, then one day it changed to Rounded buttons on Mac, then it changed again to Rounded buttons on Windows. We don't know if this is intentional or a side effect of changes somewhere else.

If I had to guess, I would say it's accidental.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is good to know. I really haven't been in the Adobe scripting realm long. As such, rounded buttons are all I have ever known. Very interesting that it is such a fluid thing that has gone back and forth as versions are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines