• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Copy & Paste in Save As Dialog box in Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else encountering this with Illustrator 2020? What is weird is that this function was working just fine, and then one day when I started working, all of a sudden I cannot copy and paste text into the Save As dialog box. You may think that this is just a miniscule thing to be annoyed by; however, I work for a marketing firm and I create tons of ads for businesses on the daily. It is much faster for me to just copy and paste a business's name into that field and save it really quickly. Now, what I have to do, which is super, super annoying and just takes up more of my time, is that I save it as "Untitled" into the appropriate folder, then I have to close the document, go to the folder, and rename it to get it to paste the name that I want, then I have to open the document back up. This is ridiculous and I really hope that either someone has found a way to change this setting or that Adobe updates this bug ASAP.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Hi @gui.cirilo @skivvie @Southwest Grafix,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I understand this has been pending for a long time. Our Product team is already aware of this, and it is in their backlog.

We try to address as many bugs as possible with every release and prioritize on the basis of issue severity or no. of upvotes/ user volume regarding the particular issue. I have informed them again regarding the issue.

Moreover, I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than two years and nothing!!!! whats hapening???  Whats the problems on this issue?

Please, it's frustating. Some code, patch, upgrade? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I run into this issue multiple times a day! Drives me nuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times! We need to click, control, copy and paste after. It's seems a simple action, but we loose our mind, loose a FOCUS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone make a call to Apple and: Please, how WE can solve this issue??? Users in need of that issue solved. All systems and all versions after Illustrator 21 are issued. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gui.cirilo @skivvie @Southwest Grafix,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I understand this has been pending for a long time. Our Product team is already aware of this, and it is in their backlog.

We try to address as many bugs as possible with every release and prioritize on the basis of issue severity or no. of upvotes/ user volume regarding the particular issue. I have informed them again regarding the issue.

Moreover, I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not been done already. This will help prioritize the issue.

We appreciate your time & patience.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unchanged. New MACOS, updates and more updates from ADOBE. Same bug. going to the Forth year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, and still annoying every day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally, how hard can it be? its 2024 yet still silly copy/paste action for a software we are all paying so much for is not resolved... Just a joke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mat5C7E,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, the exact details of your workflow, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3HWOili), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree that this is ridiculous. It's been years! I used to have a very slick (and efficient) process for naming conventions, copying the folder name and pasting it as the beginning of the file names in that respective folder for accurate record retention and now it's a hurky jerky stop, go, type, mess, killing my productivity and activating my annoyance every time. It has happened to me in PS and AI for YEARS. It is a joke when you actually get LESS efficient using a program. Concentrate less on NEW, unknown features Adobe and bring back the ones that actually are requested and necessary, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is unbelievable that this problem still exists,. The amount of money Adobe rip us off for, the amount of money that flows through that business and their software is still buggy as hell. I truly hate what Adobe is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL THE SAME ISSUE!  OU BETTER: STILL THE "SHAME" ISSUE!!!

4 years, 5 yerars and count...

A Lifetime and very annoiyng issue!  Tens of thousands on the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines