• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to copy & paste when creating new folder in Save As dialog box on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to copy & paste when creating a new folder in Save As in the Illustrator app. Anyone else expericene this and if so, any solutions?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Illustrator forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you copying and pasting? Can you provide a little more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text.

I am creating a new folder on dropbox and/or locally. When trying to name the folder, I copy the text from either another document or from Safari. In Illustrator, I hit Save As - hit New Folder - Paste text using command V... no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of Illustrator and the macOS.
  2. This issue was reported by a few other users however the fix was released with v24.0.1, so please check if you have updated Illustrator.
  3. Are you able to paste using Right Click and then paste in the dialog box?
  4. Please check if you are using any application by the name webroot? If yes, please turn it off and check again.
  5. Have you tried restoring Illustrator Preferences? If not, please follow the steps shared on the help article below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned in the article.  

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I am using the latest of everything... OS version 10.15.2. Illustrator 24.0.2. I am able to right click, just not quick command. No application of weboot in use or installed on iMac and all preferences have been restored as well and that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, could you please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL NOT WORKING I AM HAVING SME ISSUES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One Update more. Notting!!! 3 years on this issue.Would the Open Sourcing be the solution?

Maybe you even got fired and no one has been reading this message for 3 years...
(I believe it is a real person, I'm a graphic designer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines