• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to create a new file in illustrator 2023

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone, I really need your help.

my illustrator cant create a new file, before searching the adobe support community i updated my illlustrator to 2023 version thinking it would help; but it didnt so i searched the community and found a few answers such as going to perferences > general > use legacy file new 

it kind of worked to create a new file but I had a problem with saving the file. also the home screen of illustrator when starting the application is still blank.

is there any answer to these issues ? 

thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Print and publish , Sync and storage , Third party plugins , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Hello @Tamara5FD5,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the following steps in order and check if it helps:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
  2.  Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    For Windows: Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
    For macOS: Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

3. Relaunch Illustrator

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I can't even open it after updating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @vovisiting,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps?

If the issue persists, kindly share the error message (if any) while trying to launch Illustrator and the exact version of the OS and Illustrator installer on your computer.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Anubhav; I did finally get it to start - so all is good! ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the preferences?

Which system is it?

Are any third party plugins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tamara5FD5,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the following steps in order and check if it helps:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
  2.  Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    For Windows: Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
    For macOS: Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

3. Relaunch Illustrator

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for rreplying, its now working as it should. thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to follow this process however this is for my workplace where there are multiple computers linked to C:

And my computer is the only one that has been updated to the latest illustrator version (as of yet). Will doing this change create a problem for everyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav I have done the above meaning renaming UXp folder to UXP.old on macOS but unable to create new document. I am able to open existing AI files stored on my system as well as new file from template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @DEENU32897013k5l4,

Thank you for trying to resolve the issue by renaming the UXP folder. I understand that you're still unable to create a new document in Illustrator. To further assist you, could you please provide some additional details?

• Illustrator & macOS Version: Can you confirm the specific version of Adobe Illustrator & macOS you're using?
  • Preferences Reset: Have you attempted to reset Illustrator preferences? If not, you can try it by pressing and holding Control+Option+Command+Shift (Mac) while launching Illustrator. This will reset preferences to default settings.

If there is any specific behavior when you try to create a new document, please describe it in more detail & share a screenshot. This information will be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

With this additional information, we can work towards finding a solution to the issue you're facing. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines