• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find recently downloaded Illustrator plug-ins

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've just downloaded three illustrator plug-ins through the adobe cloud application. I've relaunched illustrator as thats what you have to do to be able to see the new plug-ins/extensions but nothing is showing. Is there something else I can do for this to work please? I've attached an image below.

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 17.41.27.png

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

on Windows, the User Extensions folder is located here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions

user Extensions folder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plugins did you download? 

Extensions will show up in the menu shown in your screenshot if they have one, but plugins could have their own menu or no menu at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 19.14.00.png

 These are the 3 plug-ins I've installed. Do you know how I can find them within the software or any other menus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sashalxrd, Did you look under Window > Extensions?

JainLemos_0-1640894389599.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 20.04.47.png

Hey, yes thats the first place i've looked and nothing seems to show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so strange. Maybe close down, uninstall the plug-in, reinstall, launch Illustrator and try it again? When logged into the Exchange with your Adobe ID, it should show as Acquired. Let us know!

JainLemos_0-1640895087605.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Arranger and it shows up in the Extensions menu. Other than uninstalling and reinstalling I don't know what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sashalxrd were you able to get it to show up? There is an extension manager that might work for some users if CC installation isn't working. I have no experience with it and don't know if it is reliable. The software engineer claims it is “recommended by Adobe.” Anastasiy's Extension Manager for Adobe platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay perfect I'll give that a try 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 15.06.51.png

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 15.06.46.png

This might be something seperate I'm not sure, but I've noticed theres a plug-ins folder within the adobe illustrator folder. Could that solve the problem if its a case of dragging plug-ins manually in here??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sashalxrd Sure, try that to see if it works. Especially if you use a direct download. However, back when you first posted, I looked for the folder where the plug-in lives, but it's not in the Photoshop or Illustrator Plug-ins folder. I searched my entire drive and never found it. I was looking for the name "Icons8" and "adobe-icons8" so maybe it's named something else. Once you use an icon, a folder is automatically created that stores the .png files. Maybe this is a cloud-based plug-in and works through the CC desktop? You could also send an email to: support@icons8.com. I don't know why it's not showing up for you!

Here is where the plug-in folders are located:
Mac: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop (or Illustrator) CC [version]/Plug-ins
Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (or Illustrator) CC [version]\Plug-ins

ETA: (not enough coffee) that was my InDesign plug-in folder! Here is Illustrator, and it's not in the Extensions folder either under anything named "icons."

JainLemos_0-1641224404314.png

JainLemos_1-1641224466898.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on Windows, the User Extensions folder is located here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions

user Extensions folder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, @CarlosCanto. And there it is! Many thanks.

JainLemos_0-1641238889198.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, although I'm using an Imac. Would you know where that is located too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sashalxrd It should be: /Users/[name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions.

I'm curious to know if you have a copy there or not after trying to install it with CC. These are the folders within the plug-in folder you should see: 

JainLemos_0-1641239883184.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm curious too, it's strange the Extensions are not showing up. Perhaps Illustrator is not installed in the default folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should have a "common files" folder as well, somewhere in Library? Apps? sorry not a mac user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines