Exit

Unable to launch Illustrator on macOS Monterey - Missing Plugins

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Mac OS, Monterey 12.2.

After an illustrator crash (I used 'Force Quit' after accidentally clicking the Illustrator icon in my toolbar), the basic tools in Illustrator have gone missing. I'm receiving this error dialogue box:

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 10.04.55.png

I've started in Safe Mode, but this doesn't solve the issue.

I've also tried following the instructions in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html

But I don't have an Illustrator folder in my Preferences folder (Users/<Username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings) – this last folder doesn't exist.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and have restarted my computer several times. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm a freelancer working to a deadline.

All the best.

[Renamed by MOD]

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I found my preferences file in (Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2022/Adobe Illustrator 2022/Contents/Resources), but I deleted it without making a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @angypuff 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would like to know if resetting preferences resolved the issue or if you need further assistance?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines