Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to locate saved ai file

Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on an 'X' artwork on illustrator, saved it as an ai file and closed the software. Cut to a week later, I can see files in my "recents" panel which are much older than the 'X' file, however the 'X' file is nowhere to be found. I have restarted my laptop, the software is up to date, checked my cloud documents as well as the recycle bin, yet I cannot find the file anywhere. Please suggest a way in which I can retrieve my work without which I will have to suffer a great backlog. Waiting for a prompt response.

System details :

Device name LAPTOP-H27OET9J
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you ran a search on your local drives for the file name, checked the cloud and it is also not showing in recent files, there is a good chance the file was never saved. Do you have a backup on your system that you can also check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines