• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open documents on Adobe Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a document (it can be a picture from google to a pdf from my Ibook cloud) in Adobe Illustrator is asking me permission and it show a small box stating "This document is password-protected" below Password:(space) so I input my adobe pwd of course, and when I do it states:"Pleae verify your password and enter it again. You may need to enter a Permissions pwd for the permission you set. Does anybody what's going on and how I can fix this issue? Thank you guys!

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

When you save certain file types, (namely, PDF) you have the option to password protect the file. Whoever saved this file added a password and you'll need to get that password (or another un-protected version) before you can open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not asking for you Adobe password. It’s asking for the password set to protect this file from editing. Get it from the document’s maker. May not be available. You certainly won’t get it for iBooks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you save certain file types, (namely, PDF) you have the option to password protect the file. Whoever saved this file added a password and you'll need to get that password (or another un-protected version) before you can open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change an image in an Illustrator document (NOT PDF) I get the message "This document is password protected" when trying to relink an existing image to another image.  I never password protected - didn't even know that was possible in an illustrator document - Any thoughts? I need to make changes and cannot until I figure this out.

Thanks, very much for your wisdom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange. I closed everything and did a cold restart and now it works like normal.

Oh well.

Sorry for the false alert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines