• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to paste text/colors/vector as formatted in Illustrator 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to cut and paste live type within a document in Illustrator, it does not keep the information such as the font size and the font name, or the position if I am pasting in place. If I try to cut and paste live type with a vector object selected, the vector object disappears and the text is pasted as a generic font. When I cut and paste between one document and another, spot colors turn to 4/c. Layer names disappear even though Paste Remembers Layers is checked. 
I have deleted illustrator 2 times and reloaded. Each time I restarted after uploading The second time I chose to delete all preferences. 
Any ideas as to what is going on?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all,

We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2021 (v 25.4.1), which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v25.4.1, then we recommend you to update to the latest version and share your observation with us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any extensions installed in your system that meddle with the clipboard? "Enhance" it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reboot the computer and reset the preferences. Resetting the preferences will of course delete all your settings. You can try and rename the preferences folder (because then you can return to it in case it doesn't help)

I'm still quite certain that something else is meddling with  your clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did delete the preferences when I reinstalled Illustrator. I also rebooted after reinstalling them and still had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several applications that have settings which mess with the clipboard.

This might even be antivirus.

I have just checked what doesn't work for you: fonts, a rectangle and spot color on Mac OS 10.14.6 and Illustrator 25.3.1

There is no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this in two brand new documents as a test?

Make a new doc, type something, change attributes to match font from before, copy, create new doc, paste.

If it works, one or maybe both of your original doc(s) has a/some corruption, probably a font frame.

If it doesn't work, there's something wrong with the font (what is it btw?).

The disappering vector object is weird unless attributes have the same name as the doc you're pasting in to, or as above, your original doc(s) are corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been so busy for the last week, I couldn't get the time to get this fixed. I have been working with many documents with the same result. Yesterday I created a new document with a simple box and formatted text with color, a new font and larger size. When I cut and pasted both in the same document. the box disappeared and the text turned to the default font and size. I've been working working with Illustrator for over 20 years and have never seen anything like this. Our tech department is looking to update to Big Sur. If that doesn't work he'll reimage the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume all your other apps - especially ID and PS - are running okay, it's just Illy that's wonky, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Indesign and Photoshop seem fine., I do have 2019 Illustrator which is still fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, so that's even weirder!

You're not using any perpheries like a drawing tablet, trackball, pen etc etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or plug-ins? any third party soft? any macro/quickeys apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I haven't installed any extensions that I am aware of. How would I even look to find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to search your system settings for settings concerning the clipboard.

Nobody knows which extensions are even concerned. Some are known, some pop up as surprises.

Do you have antivirus? Check it for settings concerning the clipboard. Some antivirus packages check everything before pasting it, which might ruin it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 and honestly not sure if there is an antivirus. I was able to copy/paste a shape separately from the text but the text still pasted unformatted. 

This issue has only been going on for the last week, maybe two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 2 different people have this problem, I would suggest to report it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. In addition to the question asked above, I would request you all to share a few more details like:

• Exact OS and version of Illustrator? (We recommend using the latest version of Illustrator and OS)
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Moreover, for troubleshooting, I would suggest you all to follow the Instruction given in this article (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) step by step and see how it goes.

We are looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Illustrator 25.3.1 (latest version), MacOS Big Sur

I have a text box with placeholder text in 2 different font sizes (text 1 15pt, text 2 13pt)

I am copying text from an external document then highlighting the type before pasting.

When I paste into 'text 1' the formatting is correct at 15pt.

When I paste into 'text 2', the formatting changes from 13pt to 15pt.

Prior, it would always retain the formatting of the selected text when pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro running Catalina (10.15.7)

Illustrator CC so running current version.

I am unable to copy and paste ANY art from one document to another and no text is formatting like it should when copying and pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else is interfering with your clipboard. Do you have software running in your system that "enhances" the clipboard? Or an antivirus that "checks" it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.
I work externally with my computer at home. I brought my computer to work to have tech to reimage it. He reinstalled all the software. It is still doing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that tech installed some antivirus or tried to be helpful and activated some clipboard thingy.

Can you ask them? They should know what they installed and/or turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue since the update. Definitely messes with workflows and is less efficient for our operations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in illustrator, if I copy a text box and try pasting it (even in the same .ai file), the pasted text does not retain any formatting of the copied text-box (font/size/nothing). Even 'Paste In Place' is not working when it comes to text. Please help!

Earlier 'Paste in Place' was not working for any other object as well, so I had to turn off 'Copy SVG Code' in the preferences, but it did not work for text. I'm using Adobe Illustrator 2021 v25.3 on Mac Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shrineh,

have you tried to reset your Adobe Illustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines