• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to paste text/colors/vector as formatted in Illustrator 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to cut and paste live type within a document in Illustrator, it does not keep the information such as the font size and the font name, or the position if I am pasting in place. If I try to cut and paste live type with a vector object selected, the vector object disappears and the text is pasted as a generic font. When I cut and paste between one document and another, spot colors turn to 4/c. Layer names disappear even though Paste Remembers Layers is checked. 
I have deleted illustrator 2 times and reloaded. Each time I restarted after uploading The second time I chose to delete all preferences. 
Any ideas as to what is going on?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all,

We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2021 (v 25.4.1), which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v25.4.1, then we recommend you to update to the latest version and share your observation with us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gianvitulano,
I have tried resetting the preferences and reinstalling the complete CC suite, but the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im experiencing a similar issue.

1. Copy and pasting text but it always pastes the text as default without copying character styles/format. The 'paste text without formatting' is unchecked in Preferences.
2. When copying text+vector shape or image, it only pastes the text without the formatting again.
3. When copying grouped shapes, it pastes as ungrouped.

Please fix this bug.

Mac OS Catalina v 10.15.7
Adobe Illustrator v 25.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is EXACTLY what I'm having issues with. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling all my apps with no difference. I've also tried the trouble shooting as suggested. right now I'm having to do double duty just to get something done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have anything installed in your system that messes with the clipboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I check for that? I'm on a Macbook Pro running BigSur 11.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DebAsencioAZ @Jacyn5FAC,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to share few more details like:

• Could you please share a sample document with us in which you are facing this issue? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try running the app in Safe Mode and share your observation with us.

We are here to help. I just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the exact same issue, were you able to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS and the exact version of Illustrator
      • Could you please share a sample document with us in which you are facing this issue? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
      • From where are you copying and pasting?
      • Are you using any third-party app or clipboard tool?
      • A small video demonstrating the issue could be really helpful.
      • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
      • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
        Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try running the app in  Safe Mode (Mac/ Windows 10) and share your observation with us.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please confirm, did you all tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) step by step.

We are looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2021 (v 25.4.1), which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v25.4.1, then we recommend you to update to the latest version and share your observation with us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND THIS STILL IS NOT FIXED!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND THIS STILL IS NOT FIXED!!!!

By @DSP123

Are you using the latest version? It is perfectly able to copy and paste formatted text.

Please refer to Anshul's post https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/unable-to-paste-text-colors-vector-as-formatt... and check if any of that applies to you.

Third party applications mess with the clipboard - the most prominent example being the browser Chrome and its plugins. You need to make sure that none of this interferes in your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using latest version across several computers at home and at work.

copy and paste does not work unless you mash copy several times then paste,

often it also changes format of text and changes colours completely from copied cmyk to pasted cmyk.

this is not a computer or setting issue as it is across multiple computers and illustrators as if you read all the comments you would see. so third party apps has nothing to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DSP123,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble copying & pasting in Illustrator. I agree with Monika; this generally happens when third-party apps interfere with the system clipboard. Sometimes, it happens due to corrupt Ai preferences Or OS System Settings.

The best way to check is to boot in safe mode (Mac/ Windows) and launch Illsutartor only to check whether the copying & pasting is working as expected. If yes, try opening apps one by one and see which app is the culprit.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you read all the comments in this thread, also my comment about it happening on fresh installs and on a range of different computers (with no third party apps open at all)

its clearly an issue with all the people still saying its a problem.

it is now removing anything underneath when i select an image, lock that selection and deleting whats left - the locked image is also being deleted,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DSP123,

Thanks for getting back quickly. This could happen even on a fresh install of the apps & no third-party apps open. As there are some process or apps which runs/ open up in the background on system startup.

Would you mind checking in Safe Mode & resetting Illustrator preferences once (uninstalling & reinstalling the app doesn't remove the old preferences)?

If the same behavior occurs in Safe Mode, then would you mind sharing a screen recording demonstrating the issue? Also, please confirm the exact version of OS & Ai and system specs along with a sample file. I will forward it to the product team for further investigation. It would be really helpful for us.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I will do this later, but as mentioned MAC at work, old versions and latest versions.
PC at home (completely different preferences / preferences reset etc) same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DSP123,

I would like to know how things are going on your end. Were you able to check in Safe Mode (MacWindows) if the behavior is happening there or not? Ensure you launch Illustrator only in Safe Mode and no other app to test this.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no change whatsoever still the problem exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking @DSP123. I'd recommend you connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Let us know if you have any difficulties contacting them or if your issue gets resolved.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I send a screen recording to you to show the problem?

I have to stress this is on ALL installs of illustrator I have at home at work and across several companies I know, so not a computer issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @DSP123,

We appreciate your time & patience. I checked you have contacted & shared the screen recordings with the technical support team, and your case is still open & the issue stands unresolved. Would you mind creating a new admin user account (Windows/ macOS), installing only Adobe apps, and checking if the same behavior is happening, as this issue is not replicable on our end?

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines