• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to preview the Illustrator files when opening through Open dialog box on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When opening files, in the open file dialog box, I used to get a thumbnail Preview of the selected file,

which made it easier to trawl through hundreds of files, I no longer get a preview, except for JPEG FILES,

No preview for AI or eps or pdf, latest version of illustratorcc , on a windows 10 machine, anyone help?

Thanks

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. Could you please try the steps shared below and share your observation:

1.  Wrather than checking preview from File > Open dialog box, could you please check if you can preview the files directly from file location? Please also try turning off and on the preview pane.
  2. Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System Hard Drive/ Shared Folder on System /External Hard Drive)?
  3. When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Was working fine with all other versions, stopped working with latest CC 2020 update, My files are on my Pc and on an external drive, tried switching preview pane on/off, they dont preview directly from location either, this is very frustrating,

thanks for replying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas anybody??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing additional information, Mike. I have passed the details to the Product team and will get back to you as soon as I get a revert. We will really appreciate your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since I upgraded to 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

So sorry to hear about this issue. Will it be possible for you to share a few screenshots and a sample file with us?

This will help us replicating this issue at our end and help accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue.  What is the solution? I also am having problens when I use the font pull down selection.

It does not show any fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines