• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save after updating to macOS Monterey v12.3 & Illustrator v26.1 - Save as Greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me. Just updated Monterey (V.12.3)  & Illustrator (V.26.1) & saving as is no longer an option.

Currently duplicating files in finder, renaming and then working on these and them regular saving seems to work but its not the most elegant workaround. One would think that an issue that has been solved for a half year wouldn't return with every single update. Super annoying.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi All,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Hi All,

We are really sorry for the trouble. We are working with Apple to resolve the issue.
(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/unable-to-save-files-macOS.html)

In the meantime, I would request you all to try the following workarounds:

• Resize the Save As dialog and check.
  • If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button appears.

Save As Issue.gif

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to resize the dialogue box but the save button remains grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ilaria23734528wm8r,

Sorry for the trouble. Have you tried dragging/ moving the "Save As" dialog box as well? Sometimes resizing doesn't work, as I have shown above in the GIF, and moving/ dragging the "Save as" dialog box helps.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried but it doesn't work unfortunately.
I hope you can fix the problem soon. exporting jpegs is also important to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, @Ilaria23734528wm8r. We are trying to fix this issue with Apple ASAP. As this issue will be fixed with a macOS update only, and as of now, there is no ETA on the next macOS update.

In the meantime, there is one user who was able to resolve the issue with the help of our technical support team by clean installing the whole Creative Cloud. As the workaround is not working for you and if you are willing to try the clean installation, you may connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you very much for the support.
I am very happy to hear this, I will try to connect with the team. 

crossed fingers

Ilaria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if the issue gets resolved for you or not, @Ilaria23734528wm8r. If it does, how & what did they to resolve the issue for you as it may help others as well.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator 2021 works !

It's a good news 

I preinstalled the previous version of illustrator and everything seems to work now

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved me, the problem remains that you cannot export jpgs but I am preparing screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Simply resize de save windows with mouse and in the same time press enter... the save button appear..

works fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the problem, latest update 26.2 installed. Monterey 12.3, MB PRo 13 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Patzelotl,

Sorry about the trouble. Are you getting an error while saving the file, or is the save button is greyed out/ unclickable? If it is unclickable & greyed out, then please try resizing the Save As dialog. If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button becomes clickable or not.

Anshul_Saini_0-1648746466001.gif

This issue will be fixed with a future macOS update. We have logged a bug with Apple and working together on a fix.
In the meantime, I would request you to try the workaround shared above and be patient & stay tuned for the update.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sizing dialog box worked for me.

I had same problem after upgrading to Monterey 12.3 and updating to newest photoshop and illustrator. Save As would pull up dialog box, but unable to select location and save button not active.

I resized the dialog box to it's smallest size and the save button became active and could select a location. After saving document, it now seems to work fine and I was able to resize dialog box to a usable size and it still works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On monterey 12.4 it still dosen't work. I just can't save files from any application. It dose however work when I sign out my Apple ID account. I have no Idea why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issues.. I can't save or export my project. I go to File - Save as - and choose a place for the file - what to click Save (spara). How do I do? I've tried to resize the window..

9FFBD73C-1998-44EA-91B2-8B1131D2453A.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Oscar Jonsson,

We are sorry for the trouble and delayed response. Would you mind trying the following steps and seeing if that helps or not?

• Update macOS to 12.5.1 or later
  • Update Illustrator to v27.0
  • Resize the Save As dialog and check.
  • If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button appears.
  • Save as Cloud Document

If this doesn't help, please share a screen recording of it. 

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any new updates to solve this problem? Resizing the window works for me except when a second box appears after pressing save asking me another question and then I am not able to resize this second box and can't select save. All I can do is press enter and it automattically selects cancel, can't tab or use arrow keys either. This is so frustrating. It seems the smaller windows arent able to be resized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Chloe31038895516l,

I understand your frustration with the issue you're facing.  The issue you mentioned about the unclickable save button has been addressed in the macOS update, version 12.3.1, last year in April. Please make sure to update your macOS to this version or later. If you encounter any further problems or have questions, feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines