• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save any files.

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have no idea what is going on. all my files are suddenly can't be saved with this pop-up error message and I've tried troubleshooting tips but still not resolved. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

This was mentioned here quite a few times.

Try to turn OFF Preferences > File Handling > Save in Background.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi @Chorochan,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to turn on the File handling setting after updating Illustrator and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, forgot to mention. this happened in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was mentioned here quite a few times.

Try to turn OFF Preferences > File Handling > Save in Background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much!!!! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chorochan,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to turn on the File handling setting after updating Illustrator and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me i have files open and can't save or save as or save a copy  i tried the background thing What am i supposed to do I don't even get an error message it just does nothing! I have the lastest upgrade! Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version? Monterey? If so, did you update the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe i did just recently but i can relaunch my system because i will lose hours of work if i close these files without saving them how can i save them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 12.2.1 monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rtoom goes silent is losing work so common with adobe that no one is impressed? Are we experiencing the demise of adobe? There are so many problems it's untenable. I can't afford to continue using a product that literally fails every day in one way or another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The rtoom goes silent"

We are not Adobe employees, we are voluteers trying to help. So we may want to leave the room from time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a newer version of Monterey.

Did you try to resize the Save dialog, make it bigger or smaller to make the save button active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even get the save dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really crazy what adobe is doing. charging so much money for something that completely doesn't work! something breaks 3 times a week now.  I've lost so much money because of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact them at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Chat is in the bottom right. You need to be logged into your account. They can login to your system to check it out.

Several people have now reported that the initial save issue they had is solved with the new system and the new version. Yours looks different than what initially has been reported and it also doesn't look like a general issue, but something specific to your setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Raycabarga,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. The issue you are facing is different than the one discussed in this post. I would request you to update macOS v12.3.1 which has resolved another "save as" issue. If that doesn't help as well,

I would request you to share a few details like:

• A small recording of the issue you are facing. It would be really helpful for us to understand the issue you are facing.
  • Are you using an external monitor(s)? If yes, please try the following workaround:

Change the primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings to the original. The steps are shared here.

Let us know how it goes. I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines