Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable to save files with "Save" function in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a problem that I can't save my file in Illustrator, and everytime I need to save the file as Save As instead. I tried to re-install Illustrator and gone into Library to changen Adobe PDF settings etc, but nothin is working. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020
Hi,I got help through Adobe chat and eventuelly the problem was solved. But thank you!

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this. That's definitely not a typical experience with Illustrator. Let me help you fix this. Before I start troubleshooting I would need a few details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator. 
  • Where the files are being saved  (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got help through Adobe chat and eventuelly the problem was solved. But thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that Adobe chat could help.

Can you tell us how they solved it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have an M1 with external monitor. I set the main screen to be the built-in laptop, reset preferences (launch Illustrator pressin cmd-opt-shift) and noe it works correctly. If I change the main screen to the external screen, the problem gets back.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines