• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save files with RGB Document Color Mode in Illustrator CS6

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all of the suden I am not able to save files with RGB Document Mode in Illustrator CS6. I am running Windows 10. At the beggining, I didn't know what was going on. AI would crash when saving, so I deleted the AI Preferences and it seemed to work just fine and then it would crash again. After much troubleshooting, I realized that as soon as I change the Document Color Mode to RGB, I am unable to save the file.

I searched the internet, but I can't find any answers realted to my specific problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 and Illustrator CS6, and I can not replicate the problem. RGB files save just fine.

You could try creating a new RGB document, then copy and paste the objects from the problem file into the new RGB document and save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I am not able to save any RGB files at all. It can be a new blank document or one that I opened and want to save and it will freeze. I always work with RGB files so I really need to figure how to fix the problem so it works just fine like it used to. I also tried to making a new CMYK file, opening an RGB file and copying the contents to the CMYK file and then save it, but it also froze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried deleting the AI Color Setting file and the problem did not go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freezing also happens while working on a CMYK file, after I use the color pick to change the color of the path to the color of my background (grey) and saving the file right after that. Does this make sense to anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save files?

Does it work in other locations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'vre tried in my my laptop and an external drive and it happens in both locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Illustartor and Photoshop (even though Photoshop was working fine) and I'm still having problems. Are there any residual files that I have to uninstall manually?

I am having problems with CMYK files too. When I use the black color, it seems to work fine, but if I change colors, it freezes a lot of the time. It also freezes when copying paths and pasting in Photoshop. Does this make sense to anyone?

I noticed that sometimes after it crashes I get a message saying Adobe is sending information about the crash to Windows. Can the proble be Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator CS6 is very old and I don't know if anyone still does testing on current systems.

The system requirements only list Windows 8.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines