• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to turn off snapping

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Illustrator 24.2 on a MacBook Pro OS 10.14.6. I am unable to align the edges of two shapes because some sort of "snap" function appears to be turned on which limits the movement of the anchor points. I am unable to move the anchor manually to align and if I try to "nudge" the selected point with arrow keys, it "jumps" over the place I want it to land. This is so tedious. How can I turn this off so that I can just align objects?

Here's what I've tried:

• In Preferences > General, I have the Keyboard Increment set to 0.0001 px...no effect.
  • In Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display, I set Tolerance to 1 (it won't go any smaller) and have "Snap to Point" unchecked, also unchecked is "Constrain Path.."
  • I have set the Snapping Tolerance to 0 pt in Preferences > Smart Guides...no effect.
  • In Preferences > Guides & Grid, I have set the "Subdivisions" to 1 (the lowest number) and 100 (random) with no effect. I've tried changing the "Gridline every:" to 1px (default is 72 px)...no effect.

Please advise.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

align_to_pixel_grid.png

Uncheck all. 

Does that helps you out?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Is in View menu > Snap to Pixel on?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

align_to_pixel_grid.png

Uncheck all. 

Does that helps you out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping into the conversation. I unchecked everything relating to pixel alignment. I still get 1/2 pixel off set when I draw. Does anyone have that problem? Yes, advanced pixel align panel - everything checked off. restarted illustrator. (illustrator26.03 version) - Thanks in advanced.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.24.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all

I just figured out how that happened on my system. 

I have 2 screens and one of the screen was to scale. When I turn it off, the misalignment was fixed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is in View menu > Snap to Pixel on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! I'm not sure why an explanation of the little Advance options for the Snap to Pixel controls is so hard to find!

Thank you both. My day just got 100% better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

The options are hard to find if you don't have Snap to Pixel shown in the Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines