• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Units default to pixels

Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set my Illustrator unit preferences to millimetres, but the program keeps p[erating in pixels.

Any advice about this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unit preference is specific to the new document chosen. Sounds like you are choosing an RGB starting point. Try using one from Art & Illustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show the rulers and then right-click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Document Profile preset (found on the Profile menu at the top of the New Document dialog), you choose can override your units setting in Preferences. If you choose a Profile that is geared for on-screen display—which is any of them except for "Print" and "Art & Illustration"—your units will default to pixels.

Side note: Generally, I disagree with anything overriding my settings in Preferences, but I understand why the unit-of-measure for on-screen profiles should be pixels. That said, by default the print-related profiles also will override your Preferences setting of milimeters and set your units to points. The good news is that when you change the units from the overriding default to your preferred milimeters in the New Document dialog, the Profile will change to "[Custom]," and it all it "sticks," so the next time you choose File > New, everything will be as it was that last time you clicked OK from the New Document dialog.

JohnMensinger_0-1671140252054.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines