• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown error importing cvs variables library

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've an .ai file mapped to be used with a csv files in order to have dynamic texts.
With the first csv file I've imported in the .ai file, and saved it, all works fine.
If I update the csv and try to import it again Illustrator give me back an uknown error and I'm not able to proceed
Can someone help me please ?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope your issue is resolved now. If you still have issues, would you mind sharing version of OS & Illustrator? Does it happen while working with a specific file or all?

You may also share screenshots or a small video of your workflow. This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutos,
Unfortunately the issue is still currently there even with the latest Illustrator version.

I'm using
- Illustrator 26.0 (64 bit)
- OS Win10 Pro 20h2

The steps to reproduce the issue are:
1.create an illustrator file with some text instances
2.create a csv file properly set with some text instances
3.import the csv file in the illustrator file
4.link variables with objects from the variables panel
5.add a row in the csv file for the text instances previously defined
6.try to import again the csv file in the illustrator file using 'load variable library' action

Expected would be that I could update the dynamic texts previously defined, e.g. add translations for the same texts previously set as variables. But I get an error.
Maybe am I doing something wrong in the flow ?
Could you help please ?

I've created some example files - in attachment an illustrator (dynamic_texts_test) that displays variables defined in the CSV file csv_dynamic_texts_test_1. I would like to be able to use  the CSV file csv_dynamic_texts_test_2 with the same illustrator file without having to manually redefine all the variables within it.

If more is needed I'm available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it is not possible to upload .ai files . 😞
I'm attaching a series of screenshots hoping to help you understanding the scenario.
I'm expecting that after importing the new updated csv I'll see a new additional data set 3 added to the previously deifined data set 1 and data set 2.

Let me know if more is needed for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you close out the Illy doc and then open it again can you use the new csv file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Met1  no unfortunately closing e reopening doesn't work
by now I've suceeded just deleting all the variables from the variables panel and redefine them all after importing the new csv ... but this is not something that scale and doable in the real scenario I'm in where I've a very huge amount of texts...
I would like that if I update the variable in the csv they also get updated in the illustrator file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ashutosh_Mishra
Maybe I got the root cause of this
after some testing it seems that this error happens when I link the same variable to more than a single text object.
E.g. I've those text object in the illustrator file 'Text1' 'Text2' 'Text3' and I make them dynamic texts by linking them to the same 'Variable A' from the CSV file 1. Loading a new CSV file 2 with same 'Variable A' modified then the uknown error happens.
Should I open a different properly named thread for this ?
Please can you help me solve this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines