• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Grid on Exported Image in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Adobe Suite for years but this is my first time encountering this issue.

I've made a couple of banners about 550x283 and 1155x590. They look fine on my screen, no issues when I export them as PNG on my machine, but when I pass them along, a weird grid appears in the background. I've turned transparency off, I've added a white matte, I've made them JPGs, but it's giving the same issue. Again, I'm not seeing it, but my boss is, albeit it when she zooms in on it to a size that no one would be viewing it at. Telling her not to do that isn't an option. 

We're three versions in and she's still having the same issue. It would be easier if I were having the issue myself, but I'm not. I've attached a crop of the photo she sent me from her phone (I know.) She's running a new Mac and I'm on a PC if that matters. I thought it might be an issue with her screen, but I want to make sure I'm doing all I can on my end first. 

What can I do to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Maybe that monitor is just very bad quality. If this is just for online, then it makes no sense printing it for a test.

There is an actual grid in LCD displays and maybe your boss is just seeing it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-crystal_display

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what we see in the image originally is vector artwork or a raster image you placed in Illustrator?

And then you export it it?

And then you do what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is a photo of the PNG I exported on my boss' Mac.

Originally it was a hi-res photo, then I created text in Illustrator on top of it wiith some light alterations (dropshadow, very thin stroke on the letters), exported as PNG (with transparency turned off, matte set to white) and it looks fine on my own monitor (and others.) There were some transparencies going on the image layer on when this was taken but I've turned those off, but she says she's still seeing it. 

Not quite sure why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's just on that one monitor?

Is this for printing? And if so: does it show when you print it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not for print. Two digital applications: A website banner and a newsletter. 

And yes, it's only her screen. I have 3 monitors and it doesn't show on any of those. I've sent it to two other people and they don't see it either. Only the boss. She had someone else say they saw it, but they're a yesman and only saw it after a lot of coaching.

I haven't tried printing it yet, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that monitor is just very bad quality. If this is just for online, then it makes no sense printing it for a test.

There is an actual grid in LCD displays and maybe your boss is just seeing it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-crystal_display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that's the issue, but she's a bit stubborn. She wants to hear it from someone else. Nothing to do be done for that, though. Thanks for trying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the same area, but from the file you exported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you gomy-yoo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks fine. I don't know how you send it and how your boss is viewing it. Some apps add additional compression, but it could also be that she made a photo of her screen instead of a screendump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's exactly what she did. I explained that it might be a screen issue(local to her) but she's very...stubborn and old-fashioned. I asked for more info (screenshot, wat she's viewing it in) and got nothing back. I did what I could, so it's out of my hands. 

Thanks for trying, though.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines