• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwelcome Stroke Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, do you know how can I rid off that stroke? There is no stroke, its just a fill object but where the points together, I'm seeing that stroke issue.

Thanks all

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Looks like a Preview issue, try Cmd or Ctrl E to switch from GPU to CPU Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

GPU Preview uses the processor from your graphics display card, which is fast but sometimes inaccurate as you have noticed. CPU Preview uses the processor from your computer, slower but very accurate.

I usually like the speed of th GPU Preview, but when I don't trust what I see, I (temporarely) switch to CPU with Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Win) E.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a Preview issue, try Cmd or Ctrl E to switch from GPU to CPU Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird. Sometimes its work but sometimes not. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should go away with CPU preview. And, yes it does not always happen in GPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its go away when I turn GPU preview to CPU. So can I use AI with CPU preview? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It even stays away, Adam.

You can also see a completely different/intriguing GPU aspect/issue here,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/how-can-i-export-as-gpu-quality-not-cpu/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GPU Preview uses the processor from your graphics display card, which is fast but sometimes inaccurate as you have noticed. CPU Preview uses the processor from your computer, slower but very accurate.

I usually like the speed of th GPU Preview, but when I don't trust what I see, I (temporarely) switch to CPU with Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Win) E.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the width of your stroke and the capping/corners options you selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is any stroke, thats why there is no stroke option either. Sometimes its happening but sometimes doesnt, its weird. Thanks for your helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*there is not any stroke. I wrote wrong sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Some of the ghostly GPU occurrences that resemble strokes, such as yours here, correspond to strokes with funny ends and varying widths.

That and your observation "Sometimes its happening but sometimes doesnt, its weird." makes me wonder whether the GPU functionality was devised by the Antigonish poetic team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very good idea for a feature request, Jacob.

Name GPU Preview "Antigonish Preview" (with a detailed explanation in the Help file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines