• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates deleting custom swatches workspaces and shortcuts!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can anyone explain me, because I'm probably not capable to find the answer myself why the hell every single Illustrator update creates a mess in my workspace? 

Today I had an update and all my swatches saved to the library are gone, all my shortcut’s saved profiles are gone and also my workspace settings are gone! 

I used to have my all swatches saved in adobe illustrator swatches folder but not anymore because Adobe is deleting them. So, I keep them on different location and just looking for them every time I need them which is very frustrating. So, I last time I decided to add them to the library hoping that Adobe will save them there and keep for me no matter what. How wrong I was!

Also, worth to mention that swatches are magical thing here in Illustrator, every single time I open my custom swatches and add them to the workspace, after closing and opening adobe illustrator they are not there, and I need to open them again! Swatches palettes should be saved within my workspace not removed for every single document. 

I understand that this could be done to allow us to have a separate set of swatches for every project, but personally I prefer to keep all most used swatches within my workspace having them always available. 

What the hell Adobe thinks involving in my private settings? 

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen updating you can choose to reset or keep the preferences.

Perhaps you set it up in way that preferences are reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @RomanosFamilios,

Sorry to hear about the swatches being deleted after the update. This is not the experience we want you to have.

I would request you check the Apps settings under Creative Cloud to make sure the option for Import settings and preferences from previous versions is enabled, as suggested by Monika.

AnubhavMajumder_0-1651087835804.png

Also, you can manually back up your preferences by following these steps:

For macOS
• Close all Adobe applications.
• Go to the following locations
• ~/Library/Caches
• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
• ~/Library/Preferences
• Make a backup copy of the Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders before updating.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1643743865628.png

For Windows
- Close all Adobe applications.
- Go to Location C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
- Make a backup copy of the Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folder before updating.

To save and restore your Swatches kindly follow the steps shared in this article: (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/using-creating-swatches.html)

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines