• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of my own drawings

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if I can download my own drawings and use the Adobe Illustrator to add colour

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of drawing is it?

What format is it currently in?

What do you plan on doing with it?

Choosing between Illustrator or Photoshop will depend on whether you want to work with vectors or pixels. They are very different styles of drawing and uses. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very old school with technology. I have taken up drawing and writing books with all this time on my hands.
So what I want to do is do my drawings by hand scan them to the computer and do the colouring on there. To get a better colouring presentation.

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your drawing style. You can scan your drawings or take good clean photo's.

If your style is cartoonish with clean black contours (coloring book) you can trace them in Illustrator (vectorize them) and color them. Drawings like watercolor or soft pastel can better be edited in a pixel based program like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. Will do just that

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way you draw vectors (in Illustrator) are very different than usual hand-drawing with pen/pencil/paint (which is more how pixels work in Photoshop). I recommend watching some drawing tutorials on both Illustrator and Photoshop to see what style of drawing suites your needs best.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're old school with technology, Illustrator will probably have a harder learning curve than Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. ¿Are you talking about digital drawings? If so, you can import them on Illustrator to work with those drawings.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hand drawn pictures like this and I want to put coloyr to it

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there was an attachment, I don't see it. 

But if you want to maintain the hand-drawn look, Photoshop is probably the better option for adding color to your drawings. Keep the drawing itself on a separate locked layer (at the top and set to Multiply would work well). 

Do your coloring on different layers as well, to make corrections easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines