• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Editable Icons in a Powerpoint file in Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every thread I've found only surrounding my dilemma seems to only concern putting Illustrator vectors into Powerpoint, the opposite of what I want to do. Does anyone know if it's possible to extract editable objects from a Powerpoint file and use it in Adobe software?

I've been given about 100 pages worth of premade icons and symbols as part of a set of design guidelines for a document I'm to make for an established company. But the only resources I've been provided are in Powerpoint form, a program I haven't had to use since 2008 and have no design-based proficiency in. The rest of the company is marketing based so Powerpoint and Google Slides are their primary "design software alternatives."

To recreate each and every icon manually feels like an obscene waste of time, inaccurate and almost defeats the purpose of having them designed professionally to begin with if every subsequent designer has to redo them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Unless you are designing for print, I would advise doing the work in PowerPoint. Use your design skills to make additional graphics in AI and place into PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you are designing for print, I would advise doing the work in PowerPoint. Use your design skills to make additional graphics in AI and place into PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get things out of PP and into Illustrator, export a PDF from Powerpoint and then import that in Illustrator.

As for creating presentations: what Test Screen Name said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old. But I'm trying to get diagrams with text created in PPT into Illustrator with full editable layers and text. But when it opens in Illustrator, it has changed all the text characters into numbers and punctuation. I wonder if anyone has run into this and if there is a fix? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is that Calibri?

Then maybe use a different font in Power Point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines