Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using fonts from Adobe in Xcode

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to use a font in Xcode that I have used in Illustrator? I have built a UI in Illustrator but now I can't seem to get the font (Marvin), which means the whole UI will need to be redone to create a different feel. Is there a way to get the .ttf file onto my desktop so I can use it in Xcode?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Hi @jj88,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, it isn’t allowed under the Adobe Fonts licensing. The fonts have to be activated via Creative Cloud; you don’t get a copy of the file. Also, if you are using Xcode to develop a software app, you can’t bundle any Adobe Fonts with the app.

You can see this article for more help:https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#act-app

For this project, you would need to purchase the appropriate font license from the foundry. Marvin is from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jj88,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, it isn’t allowed under the Adobe Fonts licensing. The fonts have to be activated via Creative Cloud; you don’t get a copy of the file. Also, if you are using Xcode to develop a software app, you can’t bundle any Adobe Fonts with the app.

You can see this article for more help:https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#act-app

For this project, you would need to purchase the appropriate font license from the foundry. Marvin is from Canada Type.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

Thank you for your reply. So are you saying that although we have a subscription to Adobe products, the fonts within Adobe products (Illustrator for example) cannot be used in our for-commercial-purposes designs? What fonts are we meant to use, or are we to buy each font separately every time we want to use a font for a commercial application?

Kind regards,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jj88,

The article which I have shared above will cover all your questions related to Adobe font licencing. Adobe Fonts are licensed for many commercial uses but not to be bundled into a commercial software program. If you want to discuss a specific use which is not covered in this article shared above, please let us know about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines