• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using gradient as a stroke crashes Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created numerous design elements to which I am trying to use a gradient for the stroke.

Design elements are compound paths.

Gradient stroke works and everything is fine within Illustrator, until I copy the design element to paste in Photoshop.

Once I switch over to Photoshop both programs become unresponsive until I force quite Illustrator.

Windows 11

Adobe CC

Illustrator 26.1

Photoshop 23.2.2

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens the moment you switch to Photoshop?

Or after pasting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copy the item, and ALT+TAB to switch windows, then Photoshop become unresponsive, and when I toggle back to Illustrator it is "waiting to respond". 

If I then force close Illustrator, Photoshop works like normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some time copying elements to photoshop with complex things will make your device not respending..

have you tried to use cc library?? add your elements to cc library and drag them from cc library to your photosghop file to have linked element to cc library (with cloud icon) it is a smart object any way, you can rastarise or convert to unlinked smart object) or drag it with ALT/OPTION to have unlinked layer.

you will have the same result rather than copying it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a clever work around solution, but I do not want to have to add a bunch of items to my library, when multiple people have to handle the files.

Then it would be an issue of making sure everything is linked correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @JoshElyDesign ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. In addition to the details asked above I would request you to please share the download link for the Ai file with us.

We will check it on our end.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I no longer have the files as they were when they caused the issues. I had to adjust and move on. The next time it happens I will be sure to save that portion of the file and submit it, but I have been avoiding it for the time being, and it does not come up often in myine of work, so it could be some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines