• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Illustrator, how can I remove the white background? I did not place it there.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 8.31.00 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

That's telling you you don't have the fonts installed - go to the "Type" menu and scroll down to Find/Replace Font...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PawnTrain,

If you are referring to a white background, such as the frame, you can see whether it is really there by Show Grid or Show Transparency Grid in the View dropdown.

If you wish to get rid of the pale rectangles, please describe how you have created the artwork they are part of.

A screenshot with (some of) it selected and also the relevant part of the expanded Layer and the Appearance panel could help helpers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the white oval area under the "train," it is a product of the drop shadow. It's not clear whether that train graphic is of vector construct or a raster image, but I suspect it was originally vector and perhaps rasterized at some point. When that happened, the presence of the drop shadow precipitated the white. Do you have a stand-alone graphic of the train?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  Yes. I have a stand alone graphic for the train.  But, the white font back grounds are the issue. The white boxes that I need to remove are surrounding the word “Training” and on either end of the words “Pawn Shop” as well as around “pawntrain.com”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Around -Pawn Shop-Training-PawnTrain.com, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's telling you you don't have the fonts installed - go to the "Type" menu and scroll down to Find/Replace Font...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines