• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using "Flatten Transparency" on an object via Script, Extension or SDK?

Participant ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried this with a Jsx script but it can't be done without the UI popping up. I know I can record an action and access that, but it's not an elegant solution if I want to sell/licence the script.

I have't tried Extension (same as Jsx but with Html5 UI right?) or the SDK. I'm almost willing to learn just to get pass this issue if it is possible.

What do you guys think, is it possible with the SDK?

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi there,

I'm from a Creative Cloud developer experience team, and I don't have an immediate answer to your question, I just wanted to let you know that I'm deeply invested in your problem.

I also wanted to share that I bookmarked this post because it represents a common user story for scripters: You want to solve a pain point in your workflow so much that you're nearly willing to dive into the C++ SDK for your usecase.

If you do want to try the SDK, I'd recommend downloading it, documenta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm from a Creative Cloud developer experience team, and I don't have an immediate answer to your question, I just wanted to let you know that I'm deeply invested in your problem.

I also wanted to share that I bookmarked this post because it represents a common user story for scripters: You want to solve a pain point in your workflow so much that you're nearly willing to dive into the C++ SDK for your usecase.

If you do want to try the SDK, I'd recommend downloading it, documentation is included in the download, here: https://console.adobe.io/downloads/ai You can search through the download to try and find commands that could help.

If you want to try the Extension route, that's called CEP, and yes, it's HTML with UI, here's the documentation and a Getting Started Guide (Photoshop is the example, but the same steps will work with Illustrator). If you weren't able to find the ExtendScript command you needed in JSX in seems a bit unlikely that CEP will help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the links and your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered a similar challenge and am curious if there has been any progress on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SDK/C++ is the only way I guess but a heads-up, it's incredible complicated compared to scripting. And in any new release of Illustrator your plugin can stop working and you need to recompile and/or change the code. You also need a Apple Developer licence $100/yr to run the code on Mac and if you want your PC installers to not give you security "warnings" you also need a special Certificate $300-$400/yr. Somebody recommended HotDoorCORE.com to make the C++ bit easier but I haven't tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines